Our wonderful office dogs Beckett (left) and Lark (right).
our beginning. | est. in 1998
We were weekend gardeners, saving seed in the typical envelopes and plastic baggies. Being designers by day, we decided to try our hand at creating a kit that could neatly store seed in a compact case that not only functioned well but looked good too. So we did. Just for fun we sent a prototype to the largest English garden company we could think of. To our surprise, they called and wanted everything we had in stock. We said some crazy number but in reality we had one. A mix of excitement, panic and many long nights followed but we made the order by the deadline and Potting Shed Creations, Ltd. was born. Twenty years have passed since that very first design and even today, with each new product, the thrill remains.
Potting Shed is a design company inspired by reclaimed objects, a love of food, science and modern culture, with a simple focus — to design and build, by hand, genuine products for everyday living.
people build better products than machines.
five fun facts.
- we have one office dog for every four people.
- our company is located in a renovated 1970s elementary school in northern Idaho.
- our most complicated pieces of machinery are a foot-pedal grommeter and a glue gun
- our upcycled bottle gardens have saved 100,000 (and counting) from landfills
- it is not uncommon to see moose peering into our production windows